Synthetic Machining and Grinding Coolants
International Chemical Company is extremely proud to manufacture a versatile and complete line of fully synthetic, heavy-duty, water-based and water-soluble cutting, grinding, CNC machining, milling, turning and thread cutting coolants. Simply put, synthetic metalworking fluids are formulated with a robust combination of surfactants, boundary lubricants and proprietary additives. ICC's synthetic machining and grinding coolants are non-toxic, contain no petroleum byproducts and are environmentally responsible—providing specific advantages over mineral oil-based metalworking fluids.
Click here to download the flyer for ICC's synthetic grinding coolants.
Synthetic Machining Coolants for Ferrous Metals
- IC 3616 is a general purpose synthetic coolant that is engineered for moderate- to heavy-duty machining and grinding operations utilizing metals like cast iron, stainless steel, carbon steel, alloy steels and nickel alloys. It is also an outstanding all-around machining and grinding coolant for all-purpose metalworking operations on ferrous metals.
- IC 2695 is a heavy-duty, low-foaming and non-misting, water-soluble synthetic machining and grinding coolant that is engineered for severe metal removal operations like broaching, deep boring and roll threading. It is formulated with robust synthetic additive technology making it an ideal substitute for mineral oil-based lubricants containing chlorinated paraffins. The advanced polymers and inhibitors are compatible with metals such as cast iron, stainless steel, carbon steel, alloy steels and nickel alloys. The highly detergent, transparent solutions contain no nitrites, sulfur, phenols, heavy metals or silicones, and remain fresh and clean for extended sump life, as well as prolonged tool life.
Synthetic Machining Coolants for All Metals
- IC 3618 is a medium-duty synthetic coolant that is engineered for moderate-duty machining and grinding operations utilizing metals like carbon steel, alloy steels, stainless steel, aluminum alloys, copper, brass and bronze. It is formulated to be the ideal general-purpose metalworking fluid for use with ferrous and nonferrous metals, alike.
- IC 3601 is a heavy-duty, multi-metal synthetic coolant that is engineered for machining operations utilizing carbon steel, alloy steels, aluminum alloys, and copper alloys. It is formulated to be non-staining to and compatible with sensitive alloys such as aerospace aluminum. Synthetic surfactants provide optimum metal-removal capabilities and flushing of fines, quickly rejecting tramp oils to the surface and settling particulates for easy removal.
Synthetic Coolants for Grinding and Superfinishing of Ferrous Metals
- IC 3615 is a medium-duty synthetic coolant that is engineered specifically for grinding operations utilizing metals like cast iron, stainless steel, carbon steel, alloy steels, and nickel alloys. It is an outstanding all-around coolant for general-purpose grinding applications that incorporate different types and grades of ferrous metals and alloys.
- IC 2698 is a moderate-duty synthetic coolant that is formulated to be ideal for use in superfinishing operations on carbon steel and stainless steel. It is also compatible with general purpose machining and grinding applications utilizing metals such as cast iron, alloy steels, and nickel alloys. Residual films are non-sticky, readily removed, and provide effective in-process corrosion protection for ferrous metals. Solutions are non-misting, increasing safety and comfort for operators.
Synthetic Coolant for Grinding/Superfinishing of Ferrous and Aluminum
- IC 3612 is a heavy-duty synthetic coolant that is engineered specifically for surface grinding and superfinishing operations utilizing metals like stainless steel, titanium, aluminum, Inconel and nickel alloys. It is ideal for hard metals and alloys and is formulated with advanced bio-resistant components, maximizing compatibility with central coolant systems.
Synthetic Grinding Coolants for Ferrous and Powdered/Sintered Metals
- IC 124 is a nitrite-free grinding coolant engineered for operations utilizing grey iron castings, carbon steel, stainless steel, nickel alloys, cast iron and titanium. It is formulated to provide superior wetting and cooling properties. The economical and detergent solution imparts a thin, residual film that provides excellent medium-term and in-process rust protection. IC 124 is ideally-suited as a machining and grinding coolant for use on powdered metals.
- IC 124-C is engineered specifically as a light- and medium-duty grinding coolant in operations utilizing carbide. It is formulated with a powerful additive package designed to prevent cobalt leaching. IC 124-C provides superior surface finishes, improved structural integrity of the material, stronger parts, longer tool life and improved tolerances of the carbide tooling. It is compatible with all ferrous metals, titanium and high strength alloy steels.
- IC 125 is a boron-free, low-foaming, and ultra-low-chloride synthetic grinding coolant that is engineered for surface grinding of grey metal castings, steel, stainless steel, titanium and nickel alloys. It may also be used in light machining of cast iron, as a hydrostatic test fluid, and as a standalone rust preventative.
Synthetic Grinding Coolant for Yellow Metals (Copper Alloys)
- IC 3602 is a light-duty synthetic coolant that is engineered for light-duty machining and grinding operations utilizing metals like carbon steel, alloy steels, copper, brass, and bronze. It is the most economical of synthetic coolants formulated for use as a multi-metal coolant for light-duty and general purpose metalworking applications.
Synthetic Coolant for Tungsten-Carbide Grinding
- IC 3603 is a synthetic grinding coolant that is engineered specifically for tungsten-carbide grinding operations, but makes an ideal grinding coolant for other hard metals. It is inhibited to prevent cobalt leaching; is chlorine-free and nitrite-free; is low-foaming at all temperatures; and provides excellent rust and corrosion protection.